Sunday, February 9, 2014

MOVING ON




2013 was a learning year for me. I made discoveries and I grew up.

The key lesson I learned was and is, No matter what you do, people will always talk. You can't please everyone, therefore, do YOU.

My kind of movies are dark, and thematic. I'm not into romance and happy happy, happy, love stories or commercial material. Yeah I know it pays the bills but... But many people kept telling me my stories were too dark, I should make some light hear-ted happy films. Thus, I made And then there was You and A Northern Affair.

I LOVE the experience I had making the films but deep down, I feel very unsatisfied. Like I've lost a part of me. Today, my sister Pat told me she honestly prefers my dark dramas to the happy ones.

I needed that.


Its important to do what you know how to do best. You can't please everyone.

I am a happy girl because I can say, "I tried it" or "I did it". No one will blame me for not trying. I have and I am contented.

I can't wait for my new project. I pray for wisdom and grace as we work on it. It's going to be heavy. Very heavy and I LOVE it!

leila

3 comments:

  1. Half of the people talk about the 'dark' films you make because they dont have the guts to make it themselves and as good as you do and the other half talk against it because it reveals the truths they dont want to accept. But all in all you are good at whatever you choose to do so I guess your lesson is well learnt - people will always talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Leila, I just finished watching your movie, Ties That Bind, and I had to write you immediately. I loved it. I loved it and I hated it. It made me weep and laugh and remember. Most of all, I feel strengthened. Soooo...thank you! The movie is kinda like a bloody beautiful portrait. Ok, off to bed with me, waaay past my bedtime; enough with the babbling! lol Keep making your 'dark' movies! They are full of light!

    ReplyDelete