Thursday, February 13, 2014

AFRICAN CHRISTIANITY



Again, I'm browsing facebook and come across this article... Arabs Create Rain

Whiles Christian are seeking after material things, looking for who that witch is in their lineage and commanding wealth from heaven, the Muslims, we Christians consider to be sinners are making things happen. Using science to make rain. I am sure some of the scientists involved in this feat are even gay. Yep. Us Christians will judge them. Some have 4 wives and drink and smoke. yep, we goin' judge them alright.


I know western Christians have gone to space etc.

Question is, what have African Christians done?

The same way Africans approach traditional religion and voodoo is the same way we approach Christianity. We got o church and only pray for our needs.

God, I want a visa
God I want a husband
God I want a range rover (oh yes, people even describe the number plate)
God, chase after all my enemies with frytol oil and fry them crisp, slightly browned. (wait, black. we brown already)

Instead of pastors preaching wealth, I think its about time they taught us the sovereignty of God. How to exercise our faith with works, maximizing our potential as children of God. Because I know that the bible says in John 14:12-14:

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. 
I'm sure the Muslims prayed to Allah for rain. They didn't sit down, but they acted. They took risks. They exercised their faith. I know killing people is like, not even debatable, it is utterly odious. But imagine, these are people who are promised 7 or 12 virgins if they die a holy death; (Holy war) (Since when did killing innocents become Holy anyway?) and thus, they willing take their lives and that of other unsuspecting innocents.

But, here's the moral. How many Christians, will lay down their lives for the advancement of the gospel? 2014 Christians, how many of us will die, die for Christ?  

"I have not even won my Oscar yet, Jesus, this is a very difficult thing you're asking me to do".

Time to ask ourselves pertinent, soul searching, hard, difficult questions. What have I, as a child of God done, with the skills and talents he has given me? Have my gains been for my own enjoyment, or have I used my God Given wisdom and intellect to affect the world?

I leave you with this funny video my cousin introduced me to!



2 comments:

  1. Leila, I can't just do without rushing to read your blogs, they are creatively rich in found truths. African christians are now seeking God's duty; Judge of men. We are occupied with identifying who sinners are. Especially film makers, if you are a christian and you are not producing the cliche 'christian' films, you have backslidded. Thanks for opening our eyes to see where we should really focus on as christians.

    ReplyDelete