Wednesday, July 15, 2015

So, Yvonne Nelson has Bleached. How is That Your Problem?



I have had it with the hypocrisy of the Ghanaian. One of the things we do best in Ghana is draw a chair, wipe out our ears and discuss someone who has no direct correlation to us! If you're discussing someone you have a direct, one on one issue with, that's valid. But to discuss someone who has no bearing on your life....



Facebook. Social media. This medium has elevated almost everyone to the position of judge, jury and executioner.

So, Yvonne Nelson has bleached. How is that your problem?

Let me get this out of the way. Yvonne is my friend. Has she bleached? I highly doubt that. I have sat millimetres from her and she has not. I didn't know her past. But that is none of my business. Acting is a job in which you stand under the direct sun for hours. Especially in Ghana where there are no dressing rooms (trailers) for the actors. Those umbrellas don't help. Do you know what standing under the direct sun for hours, to give her critics entertainment, does to her skin? medically? so she decides to embellish it. Protect it with sunscreen or tanning/toning products. What is wrong with that? It is your skin or hers?

Some guy dedicated his entire blog to abusing Yvonne. Not only that, elevated one, to bring down the other. classic Ghanaian. PHD. (Pull Her Down).

How can God identify you from what He created you. You are an embarrassment. You are not proud of your beautiful black colour, see your other colleague, Ama k Abereberse, BLACK AND BEAUTIFUL.....
Appalling and distasteful. Here you are, blogging, I pray you have a real job that pays you as much as Yvonne makes. I pray one day, someone will dedicate their entire blog to you, because you are worthy enough. It won't be my blog, I'm not going to say your name.

Without apology to the English language, the blogger's faithful follower said:  

hy dont u guys understand that if u r a public figure,u jx cant go doing things becos its ur own body. When Micheal Jackson changed his housing from black to white,didnt the world talked abt it? Even YOU

Michael Jackson? let's talk about Michael Jackson for a minute. The world talked, and talked and talked and ruined him and finally, killed him. Are you happy? He's dead, gone, taking his amazing music with him, ARE YOU HAPPY? Has your life changed for the better? I'd like to believe your life has improved as a result of his demise as his alleged bleaching bothered you so much, you could not function.
May I ask, which part of Michael Jackson affected you? His Music or His Personal Life?

I used to live right down the street from Michael Jackson's parents house in Encino. When he died, the world literally stood still! Roads to the house were blocked for weeks! Hypocrites! His music was everywhere. They sold his photos, his this and his that. People died when he died. Heck, I quit my job. I was too depressed to function. The height of hypocrisy.

Anywho. what am I saying? Jesus Christ himself suffered the same at the hands of Human Beings. He was the prototype.

Enjoy my all time favorite of MJ. Sexy everywhere!


The only thing Yvonne Nelson owes Ghanaians is her good work. Nothing else. She may have bleached her skin, but do you know what other celebrities do it the dark?
I'd rather be friends with someone who inflicts hurt upon their own selves, than dine with that person who stabs me when I'm not looking! That person who smiles to my face and rips me apart when I'm not there to defend myself. Yes, that is the life of most of your celebrities. They live to destroy each other out of envy.

Molding your life after a fallible human being is....silly. You should not see one aspect of a persons life and suddenly call the person your role model.
A persons work should inspire you. THE WORK, the persons DRIVE, AMBITIONS. Pick the good parts and let those inspire you. Forget the bad, because we all have them.

Had Yvonne Nelson been a pastor and bleached, none of y'all woulda said a word cos "touch not my annointed" Newsflash, we are all children of God. If we have to put you in the public eye, what skeletons will fall out, I wonder.

GHANA! stop paving the path that will drive this young girl to suicide! These are the reasons celebs do drugs and end up dying. The pressure!

It is arrogant, to expect a celebrity to live their lives to please YOU.


2 comments:

  1. Thats very true well written article.Because of such behaviors Ghanaians have bad reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EMAC Solution is IT Company, particularly provide software development, Website Development Company and Designing, Mobile Application Development and Digital Marketing.

    ReplyDelete